Friday, November 23, 2012

Organization or Bust!

After a weekend of fruit lady deprivation, I stopped by and picked up my regular take away fruit salad, said hello to my friendly tuk-tuk driver friends, and cycled to the office.  It was quieter than normal, with different project groups preparing to leave the city for program implementation. 

I spent the morning working on the website and a layout for the WVMF poster, before Nang and I drove over to the art college to check out the drawings I had commissioned.  After having hand drawn sketches for the artist in an attempt to convey the message of each, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the drafts.  Since its Lao, and the artist is currently working on his thesis, I was promised the drawings by Friday.  That ruined all hope of getting a mock up of the poster done before Mark's return, but at least its a step in the right direction!

When Barbara invited me to join her for lunch at Nudle, I jumped at the opportunity to eat something for lunch that wasn't pho, grabbed my bag and we headed out the door.  I stuck with the usual delicious satay noodle salad take away.  There's something about eating with chopsticks out of a take-out box that always makes things taste better too!

In preparation for the conference tuesday through thursday, Nang and I drove across the road to Don Chan Palace to set up the marketplace booth with the posters I made last week.  I was really excited to see them printed, but when we arrived at the scheduled setup time, no one was there and the posters were MIA.  We were able to pull two tables together, put down our other materials and left hoping that everything would figure itself out.  

The little outing was a nice break from drama in the office regarding GPS data.  Remember how I was making Google Earth maps? Well, the saga continues and some staff, not to name names, decided to change all of the formatting from the original files.  Needless to say, after printing out all the data sheets, reorganizing/highlighting/being OCD with it, I finally was able to create a new spreadsheet.  Luckily this was after many laughs with Barbara, who kept both of us sane all day.  

Leaving the office for the day, I stopped at Simuang, the ex-pat grocery store, in the hopes of finding cranberry sauce for thanksgiving.  After scouring food blogs for days, I had finally decided on my Vegan No-Bake thanksgiving menu (Stay tuned for results, photos and recipes!).  Since it will be Kiki's first thanksgiving, I was hoping for some decent cranberry sauce (an essential in my books), but they were out.  C'est la vie!

I returned home to a crazy cat and a nice hot cup of tea.  I am becoming that lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment