Friday, November 23, 2012

BPA Anyone?

After a disastrously early Sunday morning, Kiki and I finally emerged at 11, ready to restart the day.  Having splurged on a box of vanilla almond special K, Kiki ran downstairs to buy some soy milk and the two of us binged on cereal for the first time in months.  With no official plans for the day, we finally decided to head back to the pool and bask in the sunshine of another beautiful Lao day.

Borrowing some pool floats from the Lao kids splashing around in the shallow end, Kiki and I worked on kicking as part of swim lesson #2. I left her at the wall to do some laps until Brad arrived and insisted I do a 25 m sprint with him off the blocks.  Unfortunately the shoulder was already killing, but I couldn't forfeit.  Needless to say, despite his lanky figure that hovers over 6 feet, I beat him to the other side and called it a day.  

We all settled into poolside loungers and I was able to get a little reading in (and work on the non-existant tan that one would expect to have after months in a 90+ degree climate!)  Waiting for Brad to finish a BBL, we all wandered back to the apartment having convinced Brad that we make a mean salad.  Using leftover veggies and some fresh pineapple, we threw together a great late lunch that totally hit the spot.  In an attempt to steam some more pumpkin, this happened.... gotta love chinese imports!

Microwave safe? I think not.
Relaxing on the porch, we wasted away the rest of the afternoon and finally got our act together to get massages as planned.  Brad left for a skype session while Kiki and I abandoned the idea of biking to Sok Paluang and instead ventured to the infamous Sabaidee massage.  For $4 we were treated to a foot scrub, 1 hour massage and a parting cup of tea.  The whole experience was fabulous and a great way to end an eventful, yet rejuvenating, weekend.

Meeting back up with Brad for dinner at Nazim's, our new indian discovery, Kiki introduced me to her favorite curry dish and the three of us ravenously dug in.  For some reason the indian food is amazing here, maybe it's because I've finally gotten over my trauma in Sarnath...


No comments:

Post a Comment